Sales Director EMEA
Aqana is an international solutions provider for the industrial wastewater treatment market. Key markets are the Pharmaceutical & Chemical industries where our carrier-based technology often provides the only feasible and at the same time sustainable solution. In addition, a diversity of Food & Beverage, Brewery, and Pulp & Paper industries complete our reference list built-up since 2011 – all benefitting from the robustness of our non-granular sludge-based reactors.
Aqana provides cutting-edge solutions and services to meet the demanding needs of industrial clients to continuously comply with ever more strict environmental rules. Solutions are tailor-made – designed for each client’s specific needs. The carrier-based anaerobic technology provides a more robust, easier-to-operate, alternative when compared to conventional granular sludge-based technologies.
The patented DACS reactors ensure continuity in the treatment process whilst at the same time working within a significantly larger operational window (high salt/chlorides, and COD levels with significant and frequent fluctuations).
Aqana is a subsidiary of Aqwise and has its head office in Sneek, the Netherlands. To learn more about us please visit aqana.com / aqwise.com.
We are currently seeking a Sales Director to support our growing business.
This exciting opportunity is to join our team in the Netherlands as Sales Director, with a specific focus on the industrial wastewater treatment market for the EMEA (Europe, Middle-East & Africa) region. In this great opportunity to build a career in a global environment, you will develop cost-effective technical solutions for, and together with, our agents & clients’ project teams, primarily within the anaerobic wastewater treatment sector. You will at all times be supported by our proposal & process management departments, which in addition to your skills and technical expertise will contribute directly to our success. The intention is to be operating mainly from our office in Sneek with, COVID- 19 allowing, frequent traveling abroad. The offered position is based on a full-time contract.
Role and Duties
– Developing your sales pipeline by generating leads, and developing, maintaining, guiding, and stimulating (y)our agent network
– Achieving sales targets, in close consultation with the management team and agent network
– Developing, executing, and monitoring the marketing and sales strategy, with the associated
plan (e.g. website updates, publications, exhibition & congress organization, and participation)
– Gathering relevant market information (such as legislation, competitive analysis, and market development)
– Obtaining and maintaining relevant technical knowledge related to industrial wastewater treatment in general, and in specific anaerobic solutions
– Coordination of preparation of technical-commercial proposals
– Submission, presentation, revision, and follow-up of offered solutions
– Overviewing and reviewing reports pertaining to contract signing, ordering of equipment, accounting, shipping, plant installation, and commissioning and start-up
– Willing to travel 30-40% of the time (when applicable, and local/international regulations allowing).
– Respond fast, to the point, and professionally to clients
– Help cover the duties of colleagues in their absence
– Assist in training and development of new or less experienced team members
– Report directly to the CEO
– Degree in engineering with an affinity towards – industrial – wastewater treatment (Environmental, Chemical, and/or Mechanical Engineering preferred) or proven knowledge by acquired experience
– Quick learner, able to develop a comprehensive knowledge of offered solutions (proprietary and market) and understand clients’ needs (commercial).
– Self-Starter, able to work independently, takes ownership of issues until fully resolved
– Strong communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
– Professional knowledge of the English language (candidates with additional language skills, e.g. German, French, and/or Spanish/Portuguese, are preferred).
– A positive attitude with the ability to embrace change within a busy sales office environment
– Proven track record in the administration of sales including pricing and “closing of the deal”
What we offer
– Entrepreneurship in an exciting international environment
– A horizontal organizational structure where your input and fresh ideas are welcomed
– Competitive salary with holiday pay
– Bonus scheme
– Company car
– Attractive pension scheme
Interested? Join the Aqana Family!
If you would like to explore this exciting opportunity further and find out more about our competitive salary package, please do not hesitate to contact us by sending your application to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, reference “vacancy sales director”